Potmacore is an aluminium eco-friendly and 100% recyclable honeycomb panel. This lightweight, self-supporting and moisture-proof honeycomb panel is ideal for the supporting structures of weight-restricted applications and for module structures.
We constantly develop our products in conjunction with our customers. The structural thicknesses (h) can be adapted to fit the systems of our customers; between 6 to 100mm with a interval of 0,1mm.
Deliveries with different dimensions from one board up to a delivery gross of thousands of boards without minimum delivery quantities.
Potmacore – panel options
The product code numbers are based to the core cell diameter (d) like shown below.
- Potmacore 096, d = 9.6mm
- Potmacore 128, d = 12.8mm
- Potmacore 192, d = 19.2mm
The stiffness and weights of different board types can be seen in Technical information
Both surfaces coated with epoxy primer which creates an excellent grip for laminating, painting etc.
Epoxy-primer coating is always as standard if nothing else is required.
Potmacore C and C/1
A honeycomb panel with pre-painted surfaces with a temporary protection films. C means that both surface boards are painted, C/1 means that the front surface is painted and the backside is std epoxy-primer.
As a stock color we have RAL9010 (gloss level 30-35), other colours upon request.
All panel alternatives are available also semi-finished, when one surface board is attached to the honeycomb core and the other is delivered along but loose.
This enables the making of curved surfaces. The semi-finished board gets bent to the right curve, thereafter the other surface board will be glued on its position, and a rigid, lightweight and curved structure is formed.
- Bend edge (pos. 1 in picture).Honeycomb panel where the edge is closed by bending the sheet plate. This makes it possible to cover the core also from the sides with the same decor surface as the sheet plate. Plus that it reinforces the edge of the panel and also makes it possible to have fixings to the edges.For panels in thicknesses between 6 – 20( 25)mm.
- Edge thinned panel (pos. 2 in picture). Panel edges are pressed thinner (cf. a plasterboard, gyproc), when more space is needed for putty or a joint tape at the junction of boards.
- Grooved edge (pos. 3 in picture). Grooving of the edge of the panel makes it possible to use hidden H-profile in the joint of the panels. Also the H-profile is available from Potma.
Edge trimming can be chosen to 1 – 4 edges depending on the customer need.
- EN AW 3003
Sheet plate material
- EN AW-3005, thickness (S1 / S2) 0,5 – 2mm
- EN AW-5754, thickness (S1 / S2) 0,5 – 2mm
(0,7mm thickness is as std in stock constantly and other thicknesses as agreed)
Potmacore std dimensions
All board types can be delivered ready-cut according to the customer’s measures and sequenced on pallets.
Invoicing sizes according to the list below.
Special dimensions also available as per agreement.
You find the certificates to our different product alternatives by clicking the above link. Potmacore panels are certificated for maritime, construction and rail fleet industries.